Entries for Oireachtas Rince na Cruinne 2020 will open on Monday, November 18th @ 5pm IST (Irish Standard Time).
1. All entries to be made via www.clrgentries.com
2. The closing date for all entries will be Friday, 13th December 2019 at 6.00pm IST (Irish Standard Time).
3. Late entries will be accepted up to Friday 20th December 2019 at 6.00pm IST (Irish Standard Time), at a special higher rate of double the normal entry fee up to an additional maximum fee of €400 per class. Please note the closing date and cut off times for entries will be strictly adhered to.
4. Entries for competitors qualifying at Oireachtas Rince na hEireann 2020 will be accepted up to Friday, 28th February 2020 at 6.00pm IST (Irish Standard Time).
5. Entries received from teachers not registered for 2019/2020 will be returned.
All relevant fees and information can be found in the syllabus which is attached here.
Please ensure you read this document carefully before entering.
Tim O’Hare A.D.C.R.G.
November 12th 2019 - Rest In Peace, dear friend.
It is with our deepest sorrow that we inform you of the sudden passing of our colleague, Tim O’Hare.
Please note that the accommodation for the 2020 Oireachtas Rince na Cruinne goes on general release today, Wednesday, October 30th.
To Book, go to the below website on Wednesday, October 30th at 4pm (Teachers and General Public):
Venue: Waterfront Hall, 2 Lanyon Place, Belfast
Dates: Sunday, 10th April to Sunday, 17th, 2022
Entry Dates: Friday, 28th January, 2022 5:00pm
Late Entry: Friday, 4 th February, 2022 5:00pm
Entry Date for competitors qualifying at Oireachtas Rince na hEireann 2022: Friday, 4th March, 2022
• Solo Dancing Championships: 120 Euros
• Team Dancing Championships: 25 Euros (Per Dancer)
• Family Maximum Entry Fee: 300 Euros Family Admission: 60 Euros
The following changes are new for 2022:
• Ceili Competitions: Part B for round 1
• Dances for Competition 1 & 21: Hornpipe; Reel; Set Dance in 6/8 or 6/8 to 9/8
• Strict Track & Trace system required by venue
• Dance Drama may be a stand-alone event, if seven or more entries are received.
Mandation of Adjudicators:
For 2022 ONLY, the mandation process has been suspended. Panels will be selected from a pool of self-nominating adjudicators .
Track and Trace
Track & Trace will be in place for Oireachtas Rince na Cruinne 2022 at the venue. A very strict double ID system will be in place for all attendees. A more detailed document will be issued at a later date
***Syllabus will be forwarded to all teachers and will be displayed on the CLRG website as soon as it becomes available.***
* Please note that the syllabus below is for reference only. Should it be deemed that the event can proceed in July, a new syllabus will be published accordingly.
Amendment to Oireachtas Rince na Cruinne 2021 Syllabus:
Page 3, Item 3 should read
- See page 23 for entry fees and other relevant information. Please note: Entry fees are non-refundable for any reason (except the cancellation of the event due to Covid-19 restrictions) whatsoever after Friday, 12th February 2021.
Please right-click on this link to save the Dublin Worlds Anthem!
Watch and sing along on YouTube: CLICK HERE! or on this image:
Lyrics, arrangement, and performance by Barry Owens.
The tune is based on the original song, "TEMPLE BAR". Special thanks to the original TEMPLE BAR composers, Nathan Carter & John Farry (Bardis Music/ Carn Music). Nathan and John graciously granted CLRG permission for the melody to be used as the official anthem for our Worlds Celebration.
Check out Nathan Carter's website: http://www.nathancartermusic.com/