2022 World Irish Dancing Championships
Daily Competition Schedule 21st March 2022- Click here
Days Only Timetable Update 14th February 2022 - Click here
Venue: Waterfront Hall, 2 Lanyon Place, Belfast
Dates: Sunday, 10th April to Sunday, 17th, 2022
Entry Dates: Friday, 28th January, 2022 5:00pm
Late Entry: Friday, 4 th February, 2022 5:00pm
Entry Date for competitors qualifying at Oireachtas Rince na hEireann 2022: Friday, 4th March, 2022
• Solo Dancing Championships: 120 Euros
• Team Dancing Championships: 25 Euros (Per Dancer)
• Family Maximum Entry Fee: 300 Euros Family Admission: 60 Euros
The following changes are new for 2022:
• Ceili Competitions: Part B for round 1
• Dances for Competition 1 & 21: Hornpipe; Reel; Set Dance in 6/8 or 6/8 to 9/8
• Strict Track & Trace system required by venue
• Dance Drama may be a stand-alone event, if seven or more entries are received.
Mandation of Adjudicators:
For 2022 ONLY, the mandation process has been suspended. Panels will be selected from a pool of self-nominating adjudicators .
Track and Trace
Track & Trace will be in place for Oireachtas Rince na Cruinne 2022 at the venue. A very strict double ID system will be in place for all attendees. A more detailed document will be issued at a later date
***Syllabus will be forwarded to all teachers and will be displayed on the CLRG website as soon as it becomes available.***
* Please note that the syllabus below is for reference only. Should it be deemed that the event can proceed in July, a new syllabus will be published accordingly.
Amendment to Oireachtas Rince na Cruinne 2021 Syllabus:
Page 3, Item 3 should read
- See page 23 for entry fees and other relevant information. Please note: Entry fees are non-refundable for any reason (except the cancellation of the event due to Covid-19 restrictions) whatsoever after Friday, 12th February 2021.
Please right-click on this link to save the Dublin Worlds Anthem!
Watch and sing along on YouTube: CLICK HERE! or on this image:
Lyrics, arrangement, and performance by Barry Owens.
The tune is based on the original song, "TEMPLE BAR". Special thanks to the original TEMPLE BAR composers, Nathan Carter & John Farry (Bardis Music/ Carn Music). Nathan and John graciously granted CLRG permission for the melody to be used as the official anthem for our Worlds Celebration.
Check out Nathan Carter's website: http://www.nathancartermusic.com/